Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Do I Inquire of the Lord?

Genesis 25: 21 Isaac prayed to the Lord on behalf of his wife, because she was childless. The Lord answered his prayer, and his wife Rebekah became pregnant. 22 The babies jostled each other within her, and she said, “Why is this happening to me?” So she went to inquire of the Lord.23 The Lord said to her,
“Two nations are in your womb,
and two peoples from within you will be separated;
one people will be stronger than the other,
and the older will serve the younger.”


She new something was a matter, but what? Why would this be so hard? My husband petitioned to the Lord on my behalf for these children. If all is well, why am I like this? 

When Rebekah seen that her children were struggling within her.
She went to inquire of the Lord.
Is that the first thing I do? Do I inquire of the Lord? Do I seek refuge in Him? Or do I let my thoughts takeover. Do I let worry and doubt settle in first and then go? Do I let fear get so loud I can’t hear him? 

In doing so, she saved herself from many worries and moments of turmoil during her pregnancy. 

She put Him first. 

And since she put Him first, He told her exactly what was happening. She was also told what would come of the future. That the older would serve the younger.

Rebekah’s a smart gal.

Love, H

No comments:

Post a Comment