Monday, July 6, 2015

It Was Hard

We recently moved to another state. Needless to say we know no one. I met up with some ladies today to try to connect with. It was awkward, and it very well could have been me. I’m an introvert and quiet when you first meet me. Deep down I hope people don’t think I’m rude or a snobby butt.

It is hard putting yourself out there and feeling like you didn’t belong. I don’t know, maybe I could have done more. But I didn’t feel accepted or part of the group.

All I know is this challenged me. I want the people around me to feel loved and excepted. Without expectations. I’m going to try my best to get out of my comfort zone and make people feel welcome. All people.

And maybe they didn’t mean to, but I don’t want anyone to feel the way I did today. I’m truly sorry if I’ve ever made you feel less than the amazing person you really are.

Love, H

No comments:

Post a Comment